Job Summary :
The is responsible for day to day safe, quality and efficient running of the mechanical workshop; also contribute for budgets control of the material purchase and machine tools to ensure the smooth progression of projects through the workshop.
All activities will be carried out during normal operation and in parallel to plant construction activities that involved in the construction, commissioning and start up in collaboration with the project O&M management team.
The main challenges of the position are to ensuring timely completion of the maintenance activities involving fabrication, machining & welding including replacements & minor modifications as per Inspection requirements and to upkeep the integrity of the plant
The Workshop Engineer is reporting to the workshop manager.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION :
An Oil Refinery Located in Mostorod Area , Cairo , EGYPT, with capacity 140,000 BPD, Operates different units as NHT, CCR, DHT, HCU, HPU, VDU, DCU, DEU, Sour Water Stripping Unit , Amine Treatment and Regeneration Unit, Utilities, Sulfur Recovery Unit , and TGU.
1. Comply with company integrated HSEQ management system.
2. Establish, implement and monitor safe working practices and procedures. Perform and record routine safety inspections on workshop equipment and work sites and ensure that the workshop conforms to all health & safety regulations to minimize any danger or accidents.
3. Supervise workshop machines including radial arm drills, milling machines, center lathes, dynamic balancing machines and RV / Control valve test benches.
4. Ensure sufficient and suitable resources and equipment are available to complete all mechanical repair work within the agreed program.
5. Supervise all resources (manpower, tools, spare parts and equipment) to achieve successful work execution.
6. Participate in the major installation or maintenance projects, leading the team of technicians assigned to the task and provide a mechanical engineering advisory service to the other sections.
7. Follow up work execution and carrying out mechanical routine jobs, troubleshooting to mechanical faults.
8. Supervise the unplanned work resulting from breakdown and emergencies, making sure they are dealt with in efficient manner by prioritizing as required for the provision of a 24 hour callout service.
9. Use maintenance management systems to co-ordinate, distribute and execute work and ensure history data is entered and maintained.
10. Control the Cost of the Mechanical Maintenance Function within Agreed Budgets
Required Qualifications :
Knowledge or Experience in the following areas is desirable :
1. Metallurgy and Material selection background along with corrosion and failure mechanism in oil & gas, fertilizer or petrochemical plants.
2. Familiar with International codes & standards like ASME, API, ASTM, ANSI.
3. Good knowledge of welding procedures, welding qualifications, None Destructive Testing, according to the ASME Code.
4. Highly developed language skills in written and spoken Arabic and English.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED : Position requires 8 10 years of experience in the area of operational plant maintenance. Experience in hydrocarbon processes, people supervision, contracts administration and budgeting control is also required.
TYPE OF EDUCATION : must have at least a bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.