Job Description :
The NOC Tier 1 Analyst is responsible for monitoring network services and responding to events and alarms, supporting the incident management process, including defining the impact, resolving, and properly escalating incidents.
The Tier 1 Analyst supports service requests for a highly critical and dynamic WAN / LAN / MAN.
Tier 1 Analysts understand the fundamentals of the OSI model Layers 1-3;
Tier 1 Analysts understand fundamentals of TCP / IP and the functions of network technologies;
Tier 1 Analysts must possess a working understanding of network security devices, IPSec VPNs, TCP / IP, Routing, Switching, VRF, VLANS, Bandwidth Utilization, and Load Balancers;
Tier 1 Analysts must be capable to setup tools and capture, mine and interpret data from Wireshark, Syslog, and SteelCentral to maintain and restore overall network health;
Candidate must have demonstrable experience in two or more of the following areas :
1. Understanding Cisco Switches and Routers
2. Understanding Juniper Switches and Routers
3. Understanding different firewall technologies
4. Using Infoblox to assign, unallocated, and modify IPs and Subnets.
5. Ability to read, update and create Visio diagrams for documentation.
6. Effectively communicate with other teams for escalation process.
7. Working understanding of the different routing protocols.
8. Ability to open tickets with vendors.
9. Using TACACS to add devices, create and manage access structures and accounts, and run reports
10. Using Remedy and Atrium software
The Tier 1 Analyst is expected to actively communicate status during incidents and in general to requests from management leadership.
The Tier 1 Analyst is expected to assist their Tier 1 peers in understanding the need for responds to customer and management.
The Tier 1 Analyst must have a sense of urgency and a proactive, in addition to reactive, attitude.
With the assistance of their Perspecta leadership, the Tier 1 Analyst works within the entire Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) in a cooperative manner with non-Perspecta contract personnel to ensure that issues are worked, escalated and resolved quickly.
Education and Experience
High School Degree
Minimum 3-5 Service Desk or NOC (NOC preferred)
Associate or Bachelors in Computer related field
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
Security certifications (Security+ as examples)
Should you be interested, please send me a copy of your resume in word format along with the following details ASAP.
Full Name : Current
Work Authorization :
Salary / Rate expectation :