Job Summary :
Complete the day-to-day general ledger transactions in addition to assisting with completing of GL reconciliations and post of transactions received from other modules into the accounting system.
The GL accountant will participate with monthly, quarterly and yearly closing activities. This role will execute daily tasks with a strong attention to detail, assists the budget and accounting department manager with the company's financial plans and policies, its accounting practices, the maintenance of its fiscal records, and the preparation of financial reports.
1. Process day-to-day accounting operations and General Ledger reconciliations.
2. Prepares journal entries, supports bookkeeping and financial records.
3. Review and post all journal entries ensuring completeness and accuracy.
4. Maintain the General Ledger including system access and updates.
5. Review foreign exchange and prepare related transactions.
6. Resolve accounting issues in a timely manner.
7. Review all transactions posted to the system (SAP).
8. Prepare and record adjustments entries.
9. Performs monthly end, quarterly end and yearly end closing activities.
10. Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified.
11. Assists with the preparation of quarterly and annually financial reports and statements.
12. Ensures all transactions are booked within the related period.
13. Maintains capital assets ledger and review depreciation and amortization journal entries.
14. Completing of supporting documentation for all financial activities.
15. Assists with ensuring payments are made as per company’s policies.
16. Maintains up-to-date, complete and systematic accounting filing system.
17. Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
18. Analyse all computerized financial data.
19. Review and timely filing of applicable tax.
20. Active involvement in monitoring year-end physical inventory.
21. Participate and coordinate with internal and external auditors.
22. Maintains accurate records, control reports and secure filing system.
23. Other assigned duties and responsibilities as required.
24. Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Required Qualifications :
1. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and have excellent prioritization skills.
2. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to successfully plan and accomplish goals.
3. Proven ability to calculate and manage accounting figures and financial records.
4. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
5. Complete understanding of general accounting principles.
6. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to investigate and resolve problems.
7. Experience and thorough knowledge of accounting software systems particularly General Ledger.
8. Excellent communication skills for communicating with staff members and management
9. Capable of handling multiple tasks.
10. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
11. Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
12. Strong commands of oral and written English.
Years of Experience Required : 4-6 Years of experience in Accounting.
Type of Education : Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Accounting department.