Job Summary :
The panel controller is responsible for controlling the operations of Sour Water Stripping Unit, Amine Treatment and Regeneration Unit, Sulfur Recovery Unit and Tail Gas Treatment unit from DCS to ensure safe and efficient operation in compliance with company standards and procedures.
The panel controller is reporting to the Operation Shift Team Leader.
PROJECT DESCRIPTION :
An Oil Refinery Located in Mostorod Area , Cairo , EGYPT, with capacity 140,000 BPD, Operates different units as NHT, CCR, DHT, HCU, HPU, VDU, DCU, DEU, Sour Water Stripping Unit , Amine Treatment and Regeneration Unit, Utilities, Sulfur Recovery Unit and TGU.
1. Operate the DCS panel to achieve optimum process performance.
2. Change process operation to meet production plans and optimum products specifications.
3. Complete checks and tests for start-up.
4. Achieve normal operating conditions after start-up.
5. Diagnose and correct problems affecting process conditions.
6. Establish shut-down conditions in process systems and equipment as per company procedure and instructions.
7. Communicate information on process conditions as required throughout shift and during handover.
8. Maintain personal safety and the safety of others.
9. Ensure compliance with company quality management policies.
10. Maintain plant conditions within safe operating and environmental limits.
Required Qualifications :
Knowledge and Experience in the following areas are desirable
1. Extensive knowledge in operating Sour Water Stripping Unit , Amine Treatment and Regeneration Unit, Sulfur Recovery Unit and Tail Gas Treatment unit.
2. Experience in Honeywell Experion DCS is preferable.
3. Utilize Microsoft office software, including email.
4. React quickly and effectively when dealing with challenging situations.
5. Communicate effectively with all personnel.
6. Able to communicate in English written and spoken.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED : Minimum 7-12 years of experience in similar position in oil and gas industry.
TYPE OF EDUCATION : must have at least a secondary school certificate / diploma.