Schedule : Full-time
Technical Officer (Immunization), position no 304301.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To reduce childhood morbidity and mortality attributable to vaccine preventable diseases and achieve immunization targets through implementing routine immunization and supplementary immunization activities, expanding immunization beyond infancy, and introducing new and underutilized vaccines with ensuring equitable access of all communities and individuals to vaccines of assured quality.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties :
2. Provide technical expertise to the countries for developing annual immunization operational workplans for implementation of planned activities, in line with the cMYP
3. Develop work plans and budgets including resource mobilization for the work programme and follow up on the implementation of planned activities
4. Design appropriate strategies for delivering immunization services in countries with large number of unvaccinated children
5. Provide technical expertise to low coverage countries for developing and implementing locally suitable strategies and plans of action for improving access to and uptake of immunization services for hard to reach and chronically under-reached populations.
6. Conduct periodic review of national immunization programmes in low coverage countries, identify gaps and missed opportunities for vaccination and develop plan of action to address them.
7. Guide immunization data collection, data analysis, interpretation and using the data for identifying gaps in immunization services and for advocacy and resource mobilization.
8. Develop training material and conduct training activities to relevant staff on appropriate strategies for delivering immunization services to hard-to-reach populations.
9. Collaborate with the partners and stakeholders to harmonize recommendations on policies, strategies, planning and implementation of activities related to strengthening immunization systems in countries with large number of unvaccinated children and seek funding for new projects and work programmes.
Essential : Master's degree in epidemiology / public health.
Desirable : Training in EPI planning, health economics, operational research, data management in EPI-related fields. Professional training in biostatistics and data analysis
Essential : At least 7 years of extensive and practical experience in strengthening immunization programmes at senior level at national and international levels.
Excellent field experience in developing comprehensive multiyear plans, EPI operational plans, strengthening immunization programmes in low coverage countries
Desirable : Strong experience in immunization data analysis, interpretation and using data for advocacy, planning and improving programme performance
Enhanced WHO Global Competency Model :
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential : Expert knowledge of English.
Desirable : Intermediate knowledge of French. Intermediate knowledge of Arabic.
WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 73,516 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 1801 per month for the duty station indicated above.
Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
2- All required details regarding your qualifications, education and training are provided; 3- Your experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time.
Kindly note that CVs / PHFs inserted via LinkedIn are not accessible.
Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
A written test may be used as a form of screening.
In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s) / diploma(s) / certificate(s) required for this position.
WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited / recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
The list can be accessed through the link : Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
Any appointment / extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
For information on WHO's operations please visit :
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link : Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.