Souq.com, an Amazon Company, is the largest ecommerce site in the Arab world. Every month, Souq.com attracts more than 41 million visits to its catalogue of more than 8.
5 million unique products in 35 different categories, including consumer electronics, household goods, fashion, watches, perfumes, toys, and baby products.
Established in 2005, Souq.com today operates both as an award-winning retail business and an online marketplace that allows SMEs, merchants, brands and distributors to distribute their products online.
With more than 4,000 employees, We have offices and local operations in UAE, Egypt, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and leading Product and Engineering centers in Jordan and India, offering a unique opportunity to join the leading player in an ever growing and exciting industry.
The Associate Vendor Manager position is for a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, great attention to detail, the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task, and a proven record of driving category growth.
The AVM must be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon’s most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and cross-functional leaders.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
1. Financial & Business Operations possessing an understanding of external and internal variables that impact the business.
2. Good understanding of the industry, seasonality, business trends / events and continually monitoring competitors and industry developments
3. Maximize Amazon’s business, profitability and selection expansion opportunities
4. Manage vendor relationships and contracts
5. Negotiate and secure marketing and product support funds
6. Explore new opportunities with existing and new brands to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets