Duties & Responsibilities :
Delivering electrification consulting assignments for the Food & Beverage manufacturing industry and promoting ABB’s products and ABB Ability ™ digital solutions.
Supporting the front-end sales teams in their CAPEX project pursuits within the Middle East & Africa region.
Your main responsibilities in this role will include :
1. Technical Contribution : Working on electrification consulting assignments using established standards, methods and technologies to develop solutions and resolve issues.
Generate consulting deliverables (e.g. reports) for the Food & Beverage industry.
2. Customer and Sales : Attending virtual project meetings and presents specific aspects of technical assignments. Clarifying customer enquiry on technical issues.
Supporting (technically) the front-end sales departments in creating proposals and related sales material.
3. Risk and opportunity management : Supporting risk assessment and implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility.
Documenting and handling technical risks by following mitigation and division guidelines.
4. Technical leadership and knowledge sharing : Effectively communicating and providing relevant information to stakeholders.
Assisting in communication with customers pertaining to specific project design assignments or meetings.
5. Processes and tools : Using standard processes and tools, assisting in developing new processes and tools for reuse of technical solutions within the Food & Beverage electrification cases.
6. Consultancy sales assessments : Taking part in ABB’s Food & Beverage manufacturing consultancy assessments, supporting in creation of improvement projects for regional key accounts within one’s area of responsibility.
7. Capture teams : Taking part in Capturing teams for Mega projects and early customer engagement. Maintaining a record of the generated opportunities per product line on the standard Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools.
8. Documentation : Preparing, distributing and storing accurately and timely project documents as per the company procedures.
Ensuring that documentation is maintained in compliance with procedures and properly updated.
Ideally, you should have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electro-technical engineering. Holding a M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Electrical or Electro-
technical Engineering is a plus, with 5-10 years of relevant experience in Medium voltage Protection and products (MV Switchgear design experience is a plus).
Candidates applying for this role should have experience in EPC Contractors and / or Electrical Consultants. Experience in Mechanical , Electrical and Plumbing (MEP).
Strong knowledge of ETAP / NEPLAN and AutoCAD is required, along with proficiency in both spoken and written English and Arabic (French is a plus).