KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES not allinclusive1. Carry out system maintenance tasks such as performing monitoring tasks running system diagnostics and system optimisation to ensure they are running effectively and enable easy and efficient use.
2. Maintain technology including standard repairs configuration and storage in accordance with data security and access controls to ensure IT equipment required for WFP staff is available.
3. Prepare files and systems for inventory and archives such as website content and directories to ensure information is accurate and uptodate.
4. Allocate tasks to other colleagues ensuring that tasks are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines to support the effective delivery of services.
5. Respond to a variety of queries about technology and systems in order to assist WFP staff to deliver their services.6.
With support of senior colleagues provide standard training to end users of technology and systems to ensure staff use standard technology and systems effectively.
7. Perform routine deployments of server hardware and software including testing and the identification of problems to contribute to the effective functioning of technology.
8. Responsible for maintaining information records such as updating web pages and statistical databases to ensure the information is current and well organised.
9. Install operate and maintain telecommunications systems and equipment to ensure optimal services in compliance with standard operations procedures.
10. Support the development of standard material such as training documentation and web content on behalf of senior officers to ensure staff have access to required information about IT services and products.
11. Suggest improvements to methods and processes in order to support the continuous improvement of IT services.12. Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.