1. The post provides an opportunity for an enthusiastic early career academic to gain a wide range of experience in learning teaching and assessment practice.
2. Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff to contribute to thedelivery of teaching in subjects such as Mechatronics Robotics Manufacturing TechnologyIndustrial Systems Robotics Engineering Management Solid Mechanics ThermofluidsEngineering Design Computer Aided Design and Engineering Fluid MechanicsThermodynamics Maths and Applied Sciences among others and facilitation and to provide academic support for groups of students.
3. All role holders at this level will be expected to undertake a combination of teaching scholarship andor enterprise activity along with various administrative tasks as part of theirrole and to contribute and engage with the Universitys international agenda where appropriate.
Typically roles will incorporate two or three areas of focus. Tasks will be in line with the indicators outlined in the Person Specification.
4. Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff to contribute to the assessment of one or more modules.
5. Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff to act as an Academic Personal Tutor to students.
Main Duties and Responsibilities1. Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff and using established curriculum to deliver academic support services to students undertaking undergraduate or postgraduate modules and to other client groups of the School.
2. Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff and using established curriculum to deliver seminars and tutorials workshops computer laboratory classes or other small group learning activities andor deliver skills instruction to individuals or small groups andor deliver support to students on placement.
3. Under the direction of senior academic staff mark and moderate as appropriate assignments exam scripts or other assessment materials to preset requirementsprotocols andor mark and assess students skills through practical assignments and class tests to preset requirements.
4. Under the guidance and support of senior academic staff seek ways of improving students learning by reviewing effectiveness and identifying areas of improvement drawing upon feedback from various sources.
5. Under the guidance and support of senior academic staff to leadsupport in small special project areas e.g. managing the Schools social media and web presence student fieldtrips and guest lectures.
6. Provide appropriate guidance and support to students and ensure where required that student records are properly maintained including marks lists attendance records etc.
7. Under guidance and support from senior academic staff contribute to the academic tutoring of students within the School.
8. Under guidance and support from senior academic staff contribute to the development and delivery of consultancy projects andor professional learning and development programs andor knowledge exchange events.
9. Ensure a safe working environment and abide by University health and safety policies and practices and to observe the Universitys Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity and Respect policy at all times.
10. Commencecontinue to study for an appropriate Postgraduate qualification.AND such other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose the title of the post and its grading.
Supervision ReceivedWorks under the guidance and with support of more senior academic colleagues includingthe Head of School Course Directors Module Leaders and others.
Line manager will be a senior member of the School.Supervision GivenStudents