Job Summary :
Accounts Payable Department Manager supervises and oversees all payables functions including purchases shipping and billing reconciliation, freight claims processing, receipts and payments, allocations to the accurate accounts, and ready for payment on a timely basis, post information to accounting journals / software and reconcile accounts to ensure their accuracy.
Review status of company AP balances, expense validation and authorization, Cash disbursements and liaison with vendors, Negotiate vendor contracts, track expenses and manage cost control initiatives.
1. Manage all aspects of the accounts payable process regarding local and foreign payables.
2. Review day-to-day recording of transactions and complete the posting process.
3. Verify transactions are recorded in the correct suppliers ledger.
4. Oversee AP transactions process and matching with payments to suppliers.
5. Review and verify Deduction tax form.
6. Ensure adherence to company guidelines.
7. Responsible for the timely reporting of payables.
8.Coordinate with vendorsregarding all payment disputes.
9. Coordinate with purchasing department to ensure that proper actions are taken in proper time.
10. Make sure all Accounts Payable registers are accurate.
11. Oversee and delegate workflow within the A / P department.
12.Control all cost related to local and foreign purchases.
13. Review all transactions and entries recorded to the system (SAP)
14. Perform and supervise month-end closing processes within Accounts Payable.
15. Analyse system and store receiving procedures.
16. Assist in inhibit duplicate processing and payments.
17.Review of contract dates and terms of payment.
18. Maintains accurate records, control reports and secure filing system.
19. Other assigned duties and responsibilities as required.
20. Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Required Qualifications :
1. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and have excellent prioritization skills.
2. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to successfully plan and accomplish goals.
3. Proven ability to calculate and manage accounting figures and financial records.
4. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
5. Inventory management skills is a plus.
6. Complete understanding of general accounting principles.
7. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to investigate and resolve problems.
8. Experience and thorough knowledge of accounting software systems particularly Accounts Payable.
9. Excellent communication skills with staff members and management.
10. Capable of handling multiple tasks.
11. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
12. Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
13. Strong commands of oral and written English.
Years of Experience Required : 12-14 Years of experience in Accounting.
Type of Education : Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Accounting department.