Job Summary :
The is responsible for assistance in budget preparation of refinery regarding operation and maintenance activities, also responsible for controlling the operation and maintenance budget.
Ensures all functions are being accuratly performed according to standards, implemented policies and procedures with emphasis on internal controls.
Analyse accounting informations and control performance against budget and reports on the reasons and justifications of variance.
1. Assist Budget and accounting manager in the preparation of the refinery budget.
2. Control refinery budget and prepare monthly reports.
3. Support budget and forecasting activities.
4. Check availability and approve spending on purchase requests.
5. Maintain detailed schedules including cash receipt and purchases.
6. Perform accounting activities related to budgeting and analysis of variances.
7. Handling Purchase requests on the ERP (SAP) from budgeting perspective.
8. Summarizes current budget status.
9. Analyze variances of operation budget.
10. Assist in facilitate operational efficiency.
11. Analysis of financial issues.
12. Assists with the review of operating budget to avoid unnecessary expenditures.
13. Review of refinery operation budget to ensure that all costs are being budgeted.
14. Review all purchase order status on the system.
15. Maintains accurate records and control reports.
16. Report on variances of actual versus budget.
17. Prepare monthly reports of spending versus budget.
18. Recommending for cost reduction.
19. Completes monthly financial reports and forecasts.
20. Creates monthly and annual statistical reports, budgets and forecasts.
21. Maintains accurate records, control reports and secure filing system.
22. Other assigned duties and responsibilities as required.
23. Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Required Qualifications :
1. The ideal candidate will be detail oriented and have excellent prioritization skills.
2. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to successfully plan and accomplish goals.
3. Proven ability to calculate and manage accounting figures and financial records.
4. Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
5. Complete understanding of general accounting principles.
6. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to investigate and resolve problems.
7. Experience and thorough knowledge of accounting software systems particularly General Ledger.
8. Excellent communication skills for communicating with staff members and management
9. Capable of handling multiple tasks.
10. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
11. Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
12. Strong commands of oral and written English.
Years of Experience Required : 4-6 Years of experience in Accounting.
Type of Education : Bachelor's degree in Commerce, Accounting department.