PurposeTo contribute to teaching and learning in the field of Art Design and MediaAll role holders will have a growing reputation in a combination of teaching andor scholarshipandor research andor enterprise a good understanding of resource management andadministration in the areas of Art Design and Media.
Role holders will contribute to incomegeneration and the continual enhancement of the activity knowledge and values required forsupporting an international university.
In futureat a later date this role will be expected to engage actively in researchscholarly activity asappropriate and income generation with a particular focus on area of expertise.
Main Duties and Responsibilities1. To take responsibility for development preparation and delivery of teaching learning andassessment both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels including module leadershipwhere appropriate.
To contribute to the development organisation and management of thecurriculum to include international and intercultural experiences.
2. To demonstrate good practice in teaching learning and assessment through the use of awide range of learning resources and appropriate pedagogic practice.
3. To ensure that teaching is informed by contemporary research in the relevant field anddevelops the ability of students to engage in debate critical discourse and rational thinking.
4. To contribute to the wider student experience e.g. through personal tutoring participationin recruitment involvement in employability initiatives5.
To reflect critically on personal teaching practice implement improvements and engageactively with the quality monitoring and enhancement processes.
6. To assist with development of external partnerships in Egypt andor overseas anddevelopment of relationships with professional organisations and agencies whereappropriate.
7. To work effectively as a team member contributing to committees and working groups andwhere appropriate supervising or mentoring other members of staff.
8. To undertake professional development in support of both teaching and research.In future at a later date to undertake researchscholarly activity as appropriate through arange of approaches contributing actively to Faculty Research Centres or communities of practiceinternally andor externally working on externallyfunded projects or contracts assisting with bidwriting or tendering for external funding disseminating researchscholarly outputs using a range of media e.
g. academicpublications external reports conference presentations short courses forknowledge transfer exhibitions performances developing external networks nationally andor internationally supervising research students9.
AND such other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose the title of the post andits grading.Supervision ReceivedHead of SchoolAssistant ProfessorSupervision GivenAssistant Lecturers Instructors