1. The post provides an opportunity for an enthusiastic early career academic to gain a wide range of experience in learning teaching and assessment practice in the field of Digital Media.
2. Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff tocontribute to the delivery of teaching and facilitation and to provide academic support for groups of students.
3. All role holders at this level will be expected to undertake a combination ofteaching scholarship andor enterprise activity along with variousadministrative tasks as part of their role and to contribute and engage with the Universitys international agenda where appropriate.
4. Typically roles will incorporate expertise in Digital Media practice includingweb and app development creative technologies interface development and creative codingprogramming.
Tasks will be in line with the indicators outlined in the Person Specification.5. Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff to contribute to the assessment of one or more modules.
6. Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff to act as an Academic Personal Tutor to students.
Main duties and responsibilities 1. Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff and using established curriculum to deliver academic support services to students undertaking undergraduate or postgraduate modules and to other client groups of the School.
2. Under the supervision and guidance of a senior academic member of staff and using established curriculum to deliver seminars and tutorials workshops computer laboratory classes or other small group learning activities andor deliver skills instruction to individuals or small groups andor deliver support to students on placement.
3. Under the direction of senior academic staff mark and moderate as appropriate assignments exam scripts or other assessment materials to preset requirementsprotocols andor mark and assess students skills through practical assignments and class tests to preset requirements.
4. Under the guidance and support of senior academic staff seek ways of improving students learning by reviewing effectiveness and identifying areas of improvement drawing upon feedback from various sources.
5. Under the guidance and support of senior academic staff to leadsupport in small special project areas e.g. managing the Schools social media andor web presence student field trips and guest lectures.
6. Provide appropriate guidance and support to students and ensure where required that student records are properly maintained including marks lists attendance records etc.
7. Under guidance and support from senior academic staff contribute to the academic tutoring of students within the School.
8. Under guidance and support from senior academic staff contribute to the development and delivery of consultancy projects andor professional learning and development programs andor knowledge exchange events.
9. Ensure a safe working environment and abide by University health and safety policies and practices and to observe the Universitys Equal Opportunities policy and Dignity and Respect policy at all times.
10. Commencecontinue to study for an appropriate Postgraduate qualification.AND such other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose the title of the post and its grading.
Supervision Received Works under the guidance and with support of more senior academic colleagues including the Head of School Course Directors Module Leaders and others.
Line manager will be a senior member of the School.Supervision Given Students